What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feed a nepenthes

I like the wax worms I use them for my larger plants. They wiggle and thrash about until they drown. So they woul dbe a suitble substitute for crickets. They also are softbodied so they will digest easier I would think.

Crunch, why can't you pull the legs off? I do that sometimes with larger crickets I feed my leopard gecko so he can digest them easily.

uhhhhhhhh, I can never ever torture anything, even if its an insect, let alone kill it. I once fed my VFT a woodlice and was overrun with guilt afterwards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ April 02 2005,5:36)]uhhhhhhhh, I can never ever torture anything, even if its an insect, let alone kill it. I once fed my VFT a woodlice and was overrun with guilt afterwards.
you need to work on some things, Maybe you should keep orchids or something lol
smile_n_32.gif

I must admit im not in to ripping the legs off something smaller than myself id have no problem doing nasty things to people as we all know a few that need it >;-D
Bye for now julian

Eew, remind me to never piss you off, lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flip_Side_the_Pint @ April 02 2005,8:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ April 02 2005,5:36)]uhhhhhhhh, I can never ever torture anything, even if its an insect, let alone kill it. I once fed my VFT a woodlice and was overrun with guilt afterwards.
you need to work on some things, Maybe you should keep orchids or something lol  
smile_n_32.gif
I do
Perhaps you should see my signature.

well I let the plants catch stuff themselves.....but I release the ladbugss and bees and bumblebees, but I let them eat wasps and flies and other unpleasant things. But I dont feed them myself.

I don't like ripping the larger crickets' legs off before feeding them to my gecko either, but it's better than feeding them to him with those huge legs still there and posing the risk of puncturing something internal or inhibiting full digestion. Besides, they're gonna get eaten anyway. I just do it real fast. You gotta do what you gotta do. I probably would have a hard time shooting a deer too, but if I had to to survive, I would.

Back