Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ampularia vine pitchers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect so. Mine briefly put out basal pitchers, but when it got a bit dry the stress caused all of the shoots to start growing, so now there are four vines and no basal pitchers.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One comment from a small grower in Honolulu, Hawaii. N. ampullaria does develop upper pitchers, and very productively IF the tendrils come in contact with something to twirl around. Some people say that their N. Miranda once it gets tall doesn't form pitchers either. if the plant sends tendrils onto a subject, it quickly develops pitchers at the ends of the curling tendril. Mine all seem to have an upper pitcher at eact leaf when coming into contact with something to cling onto. Those tendrils that do not cling to something, doesn't develop anything.

Its is true what someone had mentioned earlier regarding that high humidity is required when pitchers develop on a node in mid air. I have also known N. ampullarias to grow even more wildly when the bottom of their pots and roots sit in a shallow pan of water.

Aloha,

Michael
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234