What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. gracilis

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
First off, I thought I would post some pics of my N. Gracilis. I had a really big pitcher on it but was kinda late in taking a pic of it so the hood is starting to sink but that is ok. The plant as a whole is doing well though. Is there a specific way that I can coax it to produce more basil shoots though? Anyways, here are the pics.

The whole plant:
NepG1.jpg

The big pitcher:
NepG_p1.jpg

And another random pitcher:
NepG_p2(1).jpg

Now for the cutting. I took a cutting from my gracilis about a month to a month&1/2 ago. I was not expected it to succeed because the leaves were mostly dead except for like the top two and I only had four little skimpy leaves on it. Well I dipped it in the rooting hormone and put it in pure vermiculite covered the little plastic "box" with plastic wrap and put it in bright indirect light. I finally saw my first sign of new green! It was about 1/100 of inch in size! I could barely see it. This is my first cutting ever and it is also my first successful cutting, YAY!

Congrats on the cutting!
With regards to getting more shoots, taking the cutting should take care of that. This generally encourages gracilis to start making shoots hand over fist.

Back