User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N. ventricosa flowered !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everybody , I have'nt been to the forums for a while , i guess it's cause most of my plants were dormant so i had not much to talk about but now that it's spring i got loads . Well my N. ventricosa that i got from pft alooooooooong time ago , maybe 3 years ago grew a flower spike today . I keep this lil guy in my outdoor terrarium which surprises me because I live in southern california and this plant not only can survive outside ( well not really , it's in a terrarium ) but it's going to flower ! I don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl but if it's a girl then i need some pollen . The plant is as tall as my terrarium so with the flower spike developing I might need to modify the terrarium to make some room for flower production . I'll try to get some pictures if i can . I never knew i would ever get one of my neps to flower and i never thought this guy would flower because i thought neps had to be a lot bigger to do so . Well later folks .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldtrap,
    I have a male ventricosa in spike. If you need pollen, let me know.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's first flower opened today and i'm very sure it's a girl so I'll surely be needing some pollen . I don't really want ventricosa pollen though as i'd like to make a hybrid with another species such as veitchii , maxima , khasiana , sanguinea , spectabilis , or another hybrid plant . hope i find something !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOAH , either i made a big mistake or my plant had a sex cgange over night , lol . Actually i believed i checked the plant too soon . Well , my ventricosa actually turned out to be a male because today when i actually looked closer and felt the flower , my fingered got dabbed with pollen . So if anybody does have any female nepenthes flowering at the moment and would like to have some ventriocsa pollen then we can have sex , lol [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] , the plants of coarse . I'd prefer the plants i listed above however .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing you figured that out, lol! If you tried to introduce pollen to it....it may have needed therapy.

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah my plants are like that sometimes , hehe [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] but not this one so i need to get a female plant to give pollen to .