What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa flowered !

Hey everybody , I have'nt been to the forums for a while , i guess it's cause most of my plants were dormant so i had not much to talk about but now that it's spring i got loads . Well my N. ventricosa that i got from pft alooooooooong time ago , maybe 3 years ago grew a flower spike today . I keep this lil guy in my outdoor terrarium which surprises me because I live in southern california and this plant not only can survive outside ( well not really , it's in a terrarium ) but it's going to flower ! I don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl but if it's a girl then i need some pollen . The plant is as tall as my terrarium so with the flower spike developing I might need to modify the terrarium to make some room for flower production . I'll try to get some pictures if i can . I never knew i would ever get one of my neps to flower and i never thought this guy would flower because i thought neps had to be a lot bigger to do so . Well later folks .

Goldtrap,
I have a male ventricosa in spike. If you need pollen, let me know.

Capslock

It's first flower opened today and i'm very sure it's a girl so I'll surely be needing some pollen . I don't really want ventricosa pollen though as i'd like to make a hybrid with another species such as veitchii , maxima , khasiana , sanguinea , spectabilis , or another hybrid plant . hope i find something !

WOAH , either i made a big mistake or my plant had a sex cgange over night , lol . Actually i believed i checked the plant too soon . Well , my ventricosa actually turned out to be a male because today when i actually looked closer and felt the flower , my fingered got dabbed with pollen . So if anybody does have any female nepenthes flowering at the moment and would like to have some ventriocsa pollen then we can have sex , lol
smile_n_32.gif
, the plants of coarse . I'd prefer the plants i listed above however .

Good thing you figured that out, lol! If you tried to introduce pollen to it....it may have needed therapy.

smile_n_32.gif

Nah my plants are like that sometimes , hehe
smile_m_32.gif
but not this one so i need to get a female plant to give pollen to .

Back