What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODE to TONY

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
<span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'>Ode to Tony
(Or Sonnet or Posie or Dittie or Whatever)

Tony-o, Oh Tony-o...
Wherefore art thou Tony-o?
Don’t listen to all that baloney-o!
Without you here...
its very clear..
The neps are going dry
from tears falling as they cry.
The vines are limp and sagging
and the seedling growth is lagging.
We fumble with our potting
and our pitchers are all rotting.
The forums are rife with sin,
without a BONK now and then.
Without you here to teach,
Forum life is a such a beeeech!
I hope its just a rumor
‘cause we sorely need your humor!
You’ve got us in a dither,
so please, you must reconsider.
I’ve done my best to beg and cry,
to keep you here and not to fly.
You’re highly respected, you must know,
So please don’t leave us, please don’t go!</span></span>

We love you and miss you Tony!  
biggrin.gif

(Hey...didn't that last part sound like the Pets.Com sock puppet...singing "Please don't go!.." ??  I loved that sock puppet.

sad04.gif
 Put a sad smiley in your sig if you want Tony back

I would like to second plant a kiss.
I just read that Tony has left the forums. I am very disturbed to hear this.
The opportunity to benefit from his knowledge, experience, is the main reason I joined these forums. I'm not sure they will be the same without Him around.

I want to let Tony know that there are many of us here that really appreciate your time, and advice, and don't want to see you go.

Same goes for all the other mods here, and the owner of this place. I for one apprecciate your time, advice, and this site.

Thankyou.
Robin

Whose nepenthes these are I think I know.
His has left the forums though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his neps fill up with bugs.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a sundew near
Between the greenhouse and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the cries
Of venus flytraps victims: flies.

The neps are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And plants to buy before I sleep,
And plants to buy before I sleep.

yeah I agree, I havn't been here long but Tony's a great help and I always read his responces to posts because I know they're good and also can some one link to where this was announced?

Come on Tony, you know we love ya! Com back, please. These forums just aren't the same without you.
smile_h_32.gif

Come back Tony, I know you dont like me very much at all but it just aint the same without you......

Tuna surprise and rubra,
How do you get those crying smileys in your sigs?

here's the code you need to put in your sig:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

sad04.gif
Put a sad smiley in your sig if you want Tony back

[/QUOTE]

Niiice Peter.
smile.gif
Thanks for adding on.

Me too. Come back Tony!!!

Capslock

Why the hell should he?

Hes got a business to run and a family to raise. Whatever tolerance he has for non-sense and immature babble and various crap is reserved for the any CHILDREN in his life. I don't blame him for splittin, I've had enough of kids on here lashin out with their junk teen emotional BS. Adults have to go to work and deal with people who do many things to demean, belittle, and "put them in their place", whatever them and then they get home and with some free time get on here only to run across more BS by people with half the life experience and triple the additude.

See ya, Take care Tony-O

$uperimposedhope

Good point, Joe. I don't think he should put up with all that. Perhaps just come back as a Nepenthes enthusiast, not a mod. It's that part that we all want, anyway. It's the fascination with these plants that makes me come here, all those distractions and whiners are just part of the internet, unfortunately.

Capslock

Nailed right on the head!

If nothin else he has the resources to experiment and be able to tell someone with a single plant if it'll die since he killed a couple trying. He is a great resource for flat out hands on experience.

$uperimposedhope

[b said:
Quote[/b] (superimposedhope @ Mar. 25 2005,4:52)]Why the hell should he?

Hes got a business to run and a family to raise. Whatever tolerance he has for non-sense and immature babble and various crap is reserved for the any CHILDREN in his life. I don't blame him for splittin, I've had enough of kids on here lashin out with their junk teen emotional BS. Adults have to go to work and deal with people who do many things to demean, belittle, and "put them in their place", whatever them and then they get home and with some free time get on here only to run across more BS by people with half the life experience and triple the additude.

See ya, Take care Tony-O

$uperimposedhope
Oh I see how it is....
So all kids on here talk BS?
And why the hell should Tony come back?
Because he is a generous man who has taught many people how to be better growers and we need his help here.
Simple as that.

Not all the kids are throwing BS, but all the BS is comin from kids. Well, I hope so cause its even worse if they are an adult with the mentality of kids.

I honestly don't know if you have or haven't, I don't think you were a part of this particular thread if thats what you mean. Besides, the ones responsible for all the drama/gossip/ hen house poop know who they are, if you aren't then no worries.

Joe

Joe

Play nice boys, we don't want another flame thread here.

Dino, don't take things so personally, Joe is basically stating, Tony didn't like the BS and he had a good reason to be torqued off. Most of the frustration does come from younger, inexperienced growers on here, but some also comes from the mature people. Don't take everything so personally, if your name was mentioned, then you can be angry
smile_m_32.gif

Sorry I missed all this. Why did Tony Leave? I got that it had to do something with annoying posts but what ones, or how?

It's somewhere in the games thread - something like the 10th page. I didn't catch it either until afterwards, but frankly I don't blame him at all.

Peter

LoL, NG, I hardly think 'more mature' is the proper terminology to describe the very few adults that we have had to ban here. But I know what your saying..
smile.gif

No, it's not all kids, but as NG said, they are the key demographic. But that doesn't mean Tony, or SuperimposedHope, or any of us here have anything against kids, this site is for education, and lets face it, most of the people seeking knowledge in the world, are kids and teenagers. (oh that the quest would never stop for adults.
smile.gif
) that being said, i find it pleasingly ironic that the vast majority of the kids/teenagers here are the ones helping to educate!

Back