What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best light for n. ventricosa?

Hey all:

I just...gulp...purchased my first Nepenthes, and since I wanted something relatively easy and compact to start off with, I went for a N. ventricosa.  It is a tiny little cutting with a couple of even tinier pitchers, but it looks beautiful to me!  
smile.gif

My question is, where do you all think I should place this plant for optimum light?  I can place it on an very lightly shaded eastern windowsill, an unobstructed western windowsill or an unobstructed southern windowsill.  The plant will not be in a terrarium although I try to maintain the humidity at a fairly steady 50-60% in the winter (with the help of two humidifiers) and I do not air condition in the summer.

Thanks for you help,
Corey

I grow all my neps as windowsill plants in a south window. One of them is a ventrata which is a cross of Nepenthes ventricosa x alata.

Thanks for your help, elgecko. I will try it on a southern window after it acclimates a bit more to my light levels.

Corey

Back