What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soil mix for n.maxima

Hi everyone,
I am reppoting my N.maxima today, and I was wondering: whats the best soil mix to use for it?
I have the following potting meterials:
peat
perlite
vermiculite
live spaghnum moss
sand
orchid bark

Pure LFS would be ok. You could put a little perlite in it for added drainage if you wanted to.

arh, too late, I didnt get a response in time.
smile_h_32.gif

The old soil was peat and orchid bark, that was it.
So I mixed up about 2:1:1:1 two parts peat, pure live spaghnum,perlite, orchid bark

So why did you need a response for inquring about the soil mix....? I fail to see your point here Dino. Seems you did fine, despite a response was made.

That should be okay, i wouldda leaned toward pure LFS, with maybe perlite or something else mixed in to a small extent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 26 2005,10:15)]So why did you need a response for inquring about the soil mix....? I fail to see your point here Dino. Seems you did fine, despite a response was made.
Because I wanted to check with the forum.....but I didnt have anymore time to wait after waiting for around 4 hours.
And because I was scared that I was gonna mess up and get the mix wrong.....but it turned out fine, lol

why couldn't you wait any longer? its a plant it wasn't going to die if you waited a day or so was it ?
laugh.gif

Back