What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. jaquelineae questions

this plant has been in cultivation for a few years now and some ppl should have had them for a decent amount of time. i am curious on ppls experiaces in growing it. ive been thinking of going more specialized in the plants i have. rather than have lots of everything im going to just go with what interests me most. Darla should be happy as this will eventually free up some space(but not much
smile_n_32.gif
). anyways this is one of a short list of CP species that really, i mean REALLY interests me that i dont yet have. i searched the Nep forum and found a whopping total of 6 threads mentioning this species. so would some one chime in on their experiances with this expensive lil gem? esspecially those lucky enough to have had it for a year or more.

Hey Rattler,
I've had this species for a little while now....maybe 9 months or a year. It really hasn't grown at an appreciable rate, but neither has it been a dud. It recently started in on some more rapid growth, which leads me to beleive that the shifting it received (changed conitions more than once since I've had it) had a negative effect (not terrible....never looked bad, just slowed down), though once acclimated it seems to be fairly tollerant....
Hopefully Dustin or Jeremiah will chime in here, as theirs are far superior to my little guy. Hopefully that will change, now that it's in a permanent location!

Uh I don't have N. jaquelineae Dave, but thank you for the nice thought! I need to get back to work to start to even think about buying more plants, fuel is in mind for me!
smile.gif

i think you mean Tony, he has a very nice jaq. unfortunatly i dont know if i will be getting one any time in the near future. i dont see it on anyones lists. Wistuba and Tony dont have it listed. are they normally released later in the year? anyways i do have something else lined up almost as good. thanks for the info Dave!

A highland trunc?

Just guessing your other you want.

Joe

Gathering your wanting to know any special out of the ordinary -quirks- this species has? There are none really. Overall it's fairly easy and fast growing. Intermediate/highland temperature range.. ie high 50's/low 60's at night 80ish during the day. They do seem to appreciate moderate to high humidity. I suspect there may be issues if humidity is too low.

You won't find them on my list yet as the plants I have are not quite ready yet.

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Uh I don't have N. jaquelineae Dave

No? So who was it that was growing N. jacq. in their attic crawl space for a while? I think I'm loosing my mind.....

Pyro maybe? he has one on his grow list. and no to the highland truncata Joe, it does have a nice flaired peristrome though, im a sucker for a flaired peristrome. waiting to insure on warmer weather before we do our trade but i will post a pic of "it" when i have "it".

Tony, maybe by July when i will have the $ ?
smile_n_32.gif

Pyro has a crawlspace, so it must be him.

Cheers,

Joe

Yes, Pyro has a crawlspace but it isn't in the attic, it is under the house
smile.gif
(anything growing in my attic whould have to survive the 140 temps in the summer.)

I can't add much to what has already been said. My plant was only about the diameter of a quarter when I got it and is now upto half-dollar size. Grows well and easy but not a speedy grower (when compared to my inermis or diatas or gymnamphoria anyways.)

Can't add much to what has already been said. I received my little plant just recently but it seems to be doing fine along side my other highland plants.
Around 25C daytime and 10C at night(15C on the hottest day of summer)
Humidity always above 70% and 70W MH light(can't wait for the 400W to arrive:D )

Hello

Sorry I did not see this earlier but N. jaquelineae is another one of my all time favorite Nepenthes for me it has been far fast growing then the plants it has been compared to. Here a few month old photo, I will try to get measurements tomorrow.
2005-2-19-Nepenthes%20028%20700.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah you show off... ^_^

lol Andenes

I'm growing it in an 8" hanging pot in my highland greenhouse. The plant is 14" diameter and its newest pitcher is 3 1/2".

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Here is a photo of the plant.
2005-4-15_N_rajah_N_jac%20012%20700.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Yes you sure grow some wonderfull plants that for sure
smile.gif

bye for now julian

That plant is really weird looking...o_O

Back