What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.fusca sarawak form.

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Heres a pic of my N.fusca sarawak form taken today:)
N.fusca_sarawak_4_3_05.JPG

Looks good i have the same form,a new arrivall so not as big as yours.that is a big looking pot must have used about 10kg of lfs to fill it
smile_m_32.gif

Bye for now julian

Well it`s a gallon pot,I only used lfs on the top ofthe pot,the rest being a mix of peat\perlite\bark.

Holy Moly! A GALLON pot?? Man, and I though MINE was doing well...how long have you had that plant? I just may have to move mine to a larger pot! It's still in a 4" pot, and has a diameter of at least 7 or 8"....Guess it's time, eh?

That's an N. fusca? Its weird looking...the new-born leaves look uggly and shiny. jejeje

There has been some interesting threads in the past on pot size for Nepenthes. Most books recommend(I think) a 6" for small ones and a 10-12" for larger ones.
I believe Tony likes smaller pots...actually he might not have a choice with his packed greenhouse, lol, and Rob mentioned a 3' (yes, foot)diameter bical in a 3 or 4" pot.
Maybe the lighting is off, but I see what Andenes is saying. Otherwise, it seems to be enjoying it's large home.

Cheers,

Joe

My N. fusca is still tiny, only 4" around. What's strange is that the leaves start out shiny red-brown, but then turn to a green color. On most of my neps, it happens the other way around (turning to whatever color they may), and start out green.

I`ve had the plant for around 10 Months..it was around 5in. diameter when I got it.

Back