What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes "kendra"?

I recently bought a really nice sized nep and the tag said that it was a "Kendra". At first I thought the plant store just had gotten the wrong tag inside and that it was a miranda. However, it seems to be looking a little different and growing a little different as well. So I was wondering if any of you had heard of this one and could tell me what it might be?

Thank ya
smile.gif

Michelle

Michelle,

I've never heard of it, and couldn't find any reference to it in any publication. It's one of the reasons I loathe and despise marketing names for Nepenthes hybrids - there are a few floating around that nobody is sure what they are, and even known ones can sink from common understanding in a fairly short time.

Hamish

Will be interesting to see how this plant turns out.

Maybe the dealer was a whack-o and named all his babies?

smile_n_32.gif

I didn't have any luck in finding a kendra as well.

I don't like it either when they don't put the correct names. Its frustrating because then I have to take a picture and scan it and then post it in hopes someone can identify it.

But, I guess if you raise nepenthes for money instead of a passion for the plant, it doesn't really matter to them much. Oh well, I'll try and post a picture in another topic to see if someone can figure out what it might be.

thanks for the help
biggrin.gif

Why don't you take a picture of it and we can help?

I figured it out..... its a N. ventrata
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (divaskid @ April 24 2005,3:26)]I figured it out..... its a N. ventrata
biggrin.gif
meh, kendra....where do they come up with this stuff.

Back