What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying out a new digital camera.

Here are a couple of Neps.  I bought about 2 months ago.  the first one is a medium size cutting that had about 5 pitchers on it when I bought it.  It's been in a terrarium and has just gone crazy with pitcher production.  I would guess it has produced about 8 to 10 new pitchers and has about 5 more on the way.  

The second picture is of a N.x ventrata.  It is a large hanging basket that is just growing in a bathroom window.  I'm somewhat concerned about this plant.  It had about alot of pitchers when I bought it, but has not produced one new pitcher, however it has produced alot of new leaves.  I'm hoping that it is just taking some time to acclimate to the new lower humidity enviroment.  (35%-50%) depending on time of day.

nep04041.jpg

bathroomnep1.jpg

What kind of new camera? The photos appear a bit out of focus (or the detail is lost in the jpg compression).

It's actually used, it's a Nikon Coolpix 2000 that I picked up for 65 bucks on Ebay. I need to use it a little more to get the hang of it. I probably should've used macro mode for the first pic.

JJ

Nice. The macro is great, I have a 2500 and its perfect for that price-class. The N. ventricosa x alata will need time to adjust, very important to pitcher in low humidity are high light levels!

Cheers,
Jan

Back