What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huthis one is gonna require some creative thinking

• Thread starter Kate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free
Man, this is SO Sienfeld...

Well, I have found several recipes for rice stuffed Neps. The only thing is would I be shot by CPers everywhere if I eat one of my Neps?

No, you would not be shot or anything. I mean, people cut off pitchers all the time when they are studying new species and such. In response to maehem's question, i would certainly recommend diced beets, as that would be small enough to stick in w/out getting juice everywhere. However, it might rot the pitchers (just like larvae do. I should know).

-D. Lybrand

Hey, gotta have some pictures to go with this topic! This is my N. (?)

126.jpg

And here is a free picture of sliced beets:

000506BC.jpg

Man, you can truly see how much effort someone put into cultivating those beets... Hey, I really don't know, but that pitcher shape looks like you have a nepenthes sanguinea or something.

-D. Lybrand

I always thought it was a ventricosa, but you are 5th person to call it a sanguinea. Got it at Lowes, 18 months ago. The plant is indestructible.

My N. sanguinea has a 3-pronged hair thing sticking out of the back of its hood, and my N. Ventricosa doesn't. I saw the little hair on yours, so it must be N. Sanguinea.

Now I'm not so sure, jimscott. If you got it at Lowe's it could very well be x ventrata. That plant has the two-tone pitchers and also the spur that are present in yours. Howeve, it also may be sanguinea still, due to pitcher shape and the spur is also characteristic of this species. Those are my two guesses.

-D. Lybrand

I've worked out a recipe for beet and rice stuffed neps and as soon as my ventricosa produces some fresh pitchers I will begin... I'll post some photos.

Hey JimScott,you said you got that plant 18 months ago,so why is it so small?I don't know anything about Neps,so I dunno.*Niki*

Some neps grow very slowly, other's shoot up like weeds, still more grow at a pace between the two. If it is 18 months from when the plant was purchased my guess is at the time it was tiny and probably everything you see there is what has grown since purchase.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ April 12 2005,1:22)]Hey JimScott,you said you got that plant 18 months ago,so why is it so small?I don't know anything about Neps,so I dunno.*Niki*
The photo is 10 months old. Not that it has growing in leaps and bounds, but it is a little taller.

How did this get back up here?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 06 2005,5:17)]But watch this turn into a 4 page thread!
smile_m_32.gif
It'll be like Seinfeld - a topic about nothing.
Not a bad guess Jim! You're only off by two pages so far
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Oct. 20 2006,7:57)]How did this get back up here?

'Beets' me!
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Not a bad guess Jim!  You're only off by two pages so far

Yeah... and I was only kidding.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Beets make your pee red. Now if that's not a fun food then I don't know what is.

Once I put red food coloring in the toilet so I could stay home from school
smile_s_32.gif

That's kind of funny. And kind of gross. I hate missing school because there's so much more to do if you miss.

Back