What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huthis one is gonna require some creative thinking

• Thread starter Kate
  • Start date
  • Tags
    free
Beets are sleek. Beets are neat. Beets are really fun to eat!

smile_m_32.gif

If I were you, plantakiss, I would've used "sweet" instead of "sleek". Beets certainly are sweet, but sleek? Maybe sometimes, after you rinse them off. Just my ç2 worth (why is the "cents" symbol making a Français character?). In anycase, "sweet" rhymes better. For another subtopic, how 'bout another edible plant product and one that might keep this topic from getting moved/deleted. Nepenthes nectar. Anyone ever tasted any? When my ventrata was making a bunch of it, I tasted it. Really good stuff!

-D. Lybrand

speaking of beets...
I'm a chef at a restaurant here in Ct and we were looking to put a vegatarian burger on our menu... I went a step further and made a vegan roasted beet burger. The red (or blood, if you will) from the beet makes it seem as though you are chowing down on a medium rare burger. Quirky and fun!!
I have not had the nerve to try Nep nectar yet... Maybe I could use that for a special this weekend.
smile_n_32.gif

*chomping down on a beet burger with *blood* spirting all over the dining table...*?!?!
smile_n_32.gif
Yummy...

Come on guys, make this a page 4er! (Man what a waste of space)
smile_m_32.gif

page 4.... are we sure we want to go there? You do know what they say about page 4......
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maehem @ April 07 2005,2:11)]page 4.... are we sure we want to go there? You do know what they say about page 4......
smile_n_32.gif
Once you go page 4 you never go back.

Page 4 - Nothing More, or more nothing; something like that. Or was it :
I'll be surprised if it makes it to 5!

Joe

actually this whole topic is annoying, esspecially because its in the nep forum and because its about nothing
confused.gif

is it really about nothing? I mean we've discussed beets and have also touched on the subject of Nep nectar.
Also, I believe I read in "The Savage Garden" that there are some cultures that use Nepenthes pitchers to cook rice in. Being a chef I think this is rather interesting... Does anyone have any info on that?
I also imagine you could stuff one with beets!

On CPUK a Thailand resident posted about that or check a traditional Thai cookbook(in thailand they cook N.mirabilis and stuff it with rice, I have never tried it but its supposed to taste crispy, sweet and aromatic.....mmmmmm!)

If we close this it'll cause uproar, so I'll leave that up to someone else.

It was a fun topic. It put a smile on a few faces. But there will be more fun topics, down the road.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ April 07 2005,1:45)]If we close this it'll cause uproar, so I'll leave that up to someone else.

I tried to stop it NepG! I swear I did!

Well okay.. I tried a little.. sort of... maybe....

Oh I'm not mad Kate, just stating a well known fact.

What's a little mayhem once in awhile, right?
smile_m_32.gif

NepG,
Not feeling martyr-ish today, huh?

A Nep stuffed with beets.............might look like a Savage garden.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Joe

Ya know, Maehem was right in the topic title. It is taking some creative thinking.

If enough people complain, it'd only be fair that they lock it. Nothin personal-it's just your job!

Joe

Bringing this slightly back on topic.....

The change is the previously mentioned sad little nep over the last few days (after putting the water tray back) has been remarkable... though I will admitt that this thread now has me wondering how beets would work as nep food... hmmm.. vegitarian carnivorus plants... I wonder.... mashed, strained or just slices do you suppose?

Back