What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

My Platychila is still growing (honest)
platy.jpg

Rajah has settled in well grows fairly quick i find.
rajah.jpg

Emmarene upper 6 feet up vine.
upper.jpg

Sibuyanensis grows well pitchers when it feels like though,lots of LFS around it and water see if this helps with pitcher formation.
sibuyan.jpg

Bye for now  julian

Some nice photos there Julian
smile.gif

Your platychila leaves are colouring up nicely. And the emmarene upper pitcher is very elegant.

cheers

bill

Hi Bill
Ive not long moved the Platychila to a more sunny location so will have to keep an eye on it.The Emmarene is a great plant pitchers are produced in abundance.
Bye for now Julian

Love the plants Julian. My rajah grows kinda fast too once it settles in.

Man i want a sibuyanensis.

Hey, Julian. I also really like the emmarene. What conditions are you growing the sibuyanensis in? The Australians all told me to grow mine in ultrahighland conditions like hamata but I grow mine in a regular highland tank and it grows very well w/ pitchers. Also, if the tendrils hang in air rather than rest in moist sphagnum, they often will refuse to pitcher.

-D. Lybrand

Hi D. Lybrand
The Sibuyanensis grows well but as you have said if the pitchers are not touching some sort of damp media then the chances of it growing are reduced.I grow mine in Intermediate conditions with plenty of bright filtered light and seems happy.
Bye for now julian

I think sibuyanensis is just a very stingy plant, as many people have trouble with it. I have been lucky so far, as the one pitcher came already half developed and my next-in-line tendril was in the sphagnum, but I will have to place little dishes of moss soon to get more pitchers.

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ April 10 2005,10:30)]man I really need more neps, anyone wanna trade neps for sarrs?
OOoOoOO you're going to get it......
smile_n_32.gif

Back