What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I noticed today that my male and female N. ventricosa plants that flowered and produced so many seed last year are at it again. The male is well on its way, while the female is still hiding inside the leaf. I would like to produce something different this year, so the poor guy is getting castrated, Anyone have any interesting pollen to share for 1/2 the seed? I would love to get some hamata, inermis, campanulata, lowii, rajah or veitchii pollen. I can do multiple crosses, so who has a plant starting to bloom?

I do! But it's N. ventricosa! LOL! BTW, my seedlings from the last batch of seeds are doing great!

Capslock

Ditto! Minne have nice rossettes nearing 3\4 in.! If you do get some pollen other then ventricosa and are giving the extras away....count me in!(You seem to have very fresh seed!):;):

I have a male N. truncata in spike if you want pollen from it just let me know.

To bad it was not a few weeks earlier I had a nice male N. veitchii in flower.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Steve the seeds You gave me last year all did awsome!! they are looking great!

Thanks again!!
smile.gif

-Jc

I have an N. truncata as well, I do not know what Jeremiahs is, but mine is the striped variety.

Thanks Dustin, Jeremiah sent me a pic of his and it has a striped peristome. I don't think he will mind my posting his link here
n. truncata

I also thought I would post pics of the two flowers as it seems pretty easy to tell the sex before they even open.

398n_vent_female.JPG

female ventricosa

398DCP_0286.JPG

male ventricosa

Back