What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. veitchii. pics

566neps_and_orchids_005-med.jpg

566neps_and_orchids_004-med.jpg

566neps_and_orchids_002-med.jpg

The same pitcher last week. It is about five inches tall.

WOW! That is a beautiful plant!

I'm very envious, where did you get it?

very nice. definatly one of my favorite species

A lovely looking plant there,any chance of a view the whole plant?
bye for now Julian

Very nice. N. Veitchii is one of my favorite species

Thanks for the complements. Tuna, I got it at Tony's.
566neps_and_orchids-med.jpg

Chesara, this pic is the closest I have to a pic of the whole plant for now. It's a bit old and the pitcher you see is different from the one i posted earlier.

Looks nice ;> Interesting you can see how the red stripes are darkening from the early picture to the later picture. Is that one of the highland x lowland plants?

Tony,
Since this subject came up, I have a question about this plant:
I noticed that on Malesiana's site, they don't list this any more-But, they do list N. veitchii x N. hurreliana(sp?) at the same price as the H/L veitchii cross was. I was wondering if they changed their opinion on the N. veitchii cross, or if the N. hurreliana cross is new.
Any ideas?

Cheers,

Joe

Joe,

They are two different crosses. The N. veitchii x hurreliana has been on their list for quite a while as N. veitchii x sp. #2. They have only recently changed the sp2 to the correct name. Not sure why the other cross is no longer listed. Out of the plants I got it looks like they were seed grown with all different individuals. Perhaps they didn't put it into TC?

Tony

N. veitchii is an all-time favourite. It's fairly easy to grow.
I love the Bareo form.

Gus

Back