What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first nepenthes

I can't believe it. I stopped at the 2 nearest stores that carry gardening supplies, and neither one had any plastic puts under 6 inches. And no hanging pots under 10".
One of these store was Walmart.
Spring snuck up on them and they are totally unprepared for it.

Ok I know I live in the sticks but jeez. Guess I'll take a trip tomorrow or saturday and see if I can find a better store.

Anyway here is a picture of my huge pot, with a tiny plant.

It seems 10" is the smallest that I normally have found hanging pots.
I always plant my neps in 14" hanging pots. Give them lots of room. They seem to enjoy it.

You can actually get little plastic clip on thingies that turn a normal pot into a hanging pot - that's what I do to turn small pots into hanging ones - necessity is the mother of invention when you have limited greenhouse space.

Duct tape use #56
- Can be used to make normal pots into hanging pots.

Now to find normal pots....

Congratultions on your first nepenthes! I remember how happy i felt when i had my first nepenthes, i couldn't believe it. Unfortunately mom killed it....X_X

It'll fill that pot up in a few months, oversizing a Nepenthes in a pot is good to do occassionally.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ April 15 2005,9:45)]It'll fill that pot up in a few months, oversizing a Nepenthes in a pot is good to do occassionally.
Actually, I don't think I have ever heard a plant responding badly to being put in a large pot. The reason we use smaller pots, is usually a space issue, plus less costs for potting material and smaller pots.

Cheers,

Joe

Ok, there it stays. My second one should be here today or tomorrow. I have another pot just as big waiting for that one.

Ok second one got here. Here is a picture of that one drowning in a pot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Duct tape use #56
- Can be used to make normal pots into hanging pots.

How the heck do you do that? I'm always open to new duct tape functions.

Edited: filter bypass  >:-E

Back