What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me about these hybrids

• Thread starter Ispahan
  • Start date
What can you guys tell me about the two following Nepenthes hybrids:

N. spathulata x maxima
N. ventricosa x maxima

I have seen pictures of both and think they are the two most beautiful neps I have ever seen in my life.  

Are they easy growers?  Can they adapt to windowsill conditions?  Can anyone think of a good reason I should not track them down and purchase them?
smile.gif

Thanks,
Corey

Both are very hardy highland hybrids. I'm not sure that I'd call them the most beautiful hybrids - there are some amazing hybrids around - but they are appealing and are fairly easy to grow. They will adapt to windowsill conditions provided humidity is not too low.

Hi Corey
I grow the Spath x Max and its a super easy nep which produces large colourfull pitchers in abundance,very rewarding.
Mine grows under intermediate conditions and loves it.
Bye for now julian

Both are terrific hybrids, and grow very easily for me. Either one is a good windowsill candidate, and both can make showy pitchers that are crowd-pleasers.

N. spatulata x maxima, soon after opening:
N_spathulata_x_maxima_1.sized.jpg

N. maxima x ventricosa:
N_maxima_x_ventricosa_11.sized.jpg

Capslock

Wow, thanks for the pictures, Capslock!  These hybrids look every bit as good as I remember them.  It was actually wonderful Chesara's threads about N. spathulata x maxima that first drew me to that particular hybrid, and I have been seeing some great photos of N. ventricosa x maxima popping up every now and then online.  

It is good to know that these are easy, hardy hybrids. I can't wait to try them!
smile.gif

Thanks for all the info and pictures,
Corey

Back