What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened?

FStP
OK, so that's not an analogy I would care to use
smile.gif
, but it's relevant non-the-less.

Basic physics proves that a water droplet on a leaf cannot act as a lens to scorch it. Everything else is just hearsay.

Regards,

tonyc

hey I didn't say I burn ants I just know that you can do that...:;):

as for African Violets,
the leaf damage comes from chlorine in the tap water burning the leaves.

or, cold water will also damage African Violet leaves.

there are several reason why water drop can harm African Violet leaves..but none of them have anything to do with the sun's rays buring the leaf through a drop acting as a magnifying glass..

http://groups-beta.google.com/group....4f72c1?

Aww, so I can't run up to people on a sunny day with a misting bottle and yell, "Die Fool!!!" ?

>;-D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 29 2005,3:35)]Aww, so I can't run up to people on a sunny day with a misting bottle and yell, "Die Fool!!!" ?

>;-D
I'm going to try it anyways

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ April 29 2005,9:35)]Aww, so I can't run up to people on a sunny day with a misting bottle and yell, "Die Fool!!!" ?

>;-D
thats a good point!
how many times do humans get out of the water, (pool, ocean, whatever) directly into blazing direct summer sunlight?
how many times has a person had little burn marks on their skin from those deadly water droplet magnifying glasses?
how many have you heard a lifeguard say "make sure you towel off as soon as you get out of the water! because those water drops will act like magnifying glasses and burn little round spots on your skin!"

smile_l_32.gif

Scot

The way the light refracts it is impossible

freckles happen when parts of the dermis cool down faster then others.

i thought it was concentrated melanin in the area where the freckle is.

hence why alot of redheads don't tan but freckle.

Back