What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata

My truncata is in a 6" pot. its at least 20" from the tip of the leaf to the next. Do I need to re-pot it? I hope not, its doing so well in the pot that its in. The new leaf is almost double the size of the last one.
Thanks for any help.

Machete, the plant should be somewhat fine in there, but you may find that it needs watering more and more as the plant grows.

Amori

I always like to have a larger pot then the plant currantly needs.

Maybe you can hold out for awhile longer, and when you're ready to finally repot, repot it in a nice 5 gallon. You won't have to repot for years...

N. truncata doesn't need a large pot, technically. I like to size it for large pots because of its size and weight! You're probably ok in the roots, but just be careful it doesn't tip over, watering as mentioned earlier, will have to be more frequent, especially in hot weather.

Lowland truncata can be kept in a pot that is small for the size of the plants - its root system doesn't seem to be that big. Highland truncata on the other hand does have a much more extensive root system, and I would keep it in a larger pot.

Thanks for mentioning that Hamish! I think I have a highland N. truncata in a pot too small for its size. Cheers!

Amori

Back