What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos from the highland house

Hi
Here are a few photos from greenhouse taken today:

coplandii.jpg

N. coplandii

hamata.jpg

No name needed
smile.gif

mira2.jpg

N. mira

ventricosa2.jpg

N. ventricosa

other%20photos\sibuyanensis1.jpg

N. sibuyanensis

macrophylla2.jpg

Young N. macrophylla

villosa2.jpg

N. villosa

other%20photos\villosa%20tip.jpg

My N. villosa growing tip promising even bigger growth this season
smile.gif

cheers

bill

Those are beautiful plants!
tonyc.

Hamata, macrophylla, villosa. All very nice Sir! My favorites. Nice color on the mac.
Robin

How large and old is you N. villosa now Bill? Also, I would like to hear a little on what kind of light and temps you are giving it.

Cheers!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Dustin

Hi Bill
Amazing plants there.Just goes to prove that a well grown Ventricosa is hard to beat.Your Macrophylla,s colours are amazing i cant wait for mine to arrive
smile.gif

Cheers Bill,bye for now julian

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ April 26 2005,10:32)]How large and old is you N. villosa now Bill? Also, I would like to hear a little on what kind of light and temps you are giving it.

Cheers!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Dustin
Thanks for your kind words everyone
smile.gif

Dustin- The villosa will be 7 years old in July
smile_m_32.gif
Its about 10inches across now, being less than a quarter of an inch when purchased. The last pitcher which actually dates back to last summer is about 3 inches tall, but showing more adult than juvenile characteristics now. The next few leaves including the growing point are already twice the size of the leaf that produced that pitcher so it looks encouraging.

It has good light but not direct sun and I grow the plant on the floor of my greenhouse in what was the sectioned off area. Since 2003 I am now growing Neps in the whole house now I realise do not need the high humidity conditions the closed off area gives. The temp ranges from 45/50f in the winter to 75/100f in the summer with natural variations between daytime and cooler nightime. I am now growing a different clone of villosa to see how it performs under different conditions. This plant is still tiny at 1 inch and has just started to grow after a 6 month pause
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

i love the sib, cant wait for mine to produce pitchers like that. its still throwing out juvis but what do i expect from a 4 inch plant?
smile_n_32.gif
its nowhere near as sensitive as i was told it was going to be. infact its trucking along quite well and producing pitchers in 50ish% humidity

Back