What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital bicalcarata

Here's my latest digital painting. Just finished , and thought you guys might like to see it. Been working on it for about a month now. Pretty happy with the way it came out.
Hope ya like,
Robin
smile.gif

bical-pintingflatoptimised.jpg

very impressive. You said ditgital painting so what does that entail? I mean is it a painting digitally changed or what?

Good question treaqum. Thanks
Its done with a wacom tablet and stylus, in a paint program,  instead of paint, and canvas. Same techniques though. You still use brushes, they are just "digital". I also use "airbrushing techniques as well to get the smooth stuff. Biggest difference is you don't have to mix paints, can't spill stuff all over yourself (I guess you could still spill your beer) ,and you can erase!!

Awesome. Your painting looks amazing (actually like a photo). That is incredable. Da Vinci would be proud

Da Vinci would have his jaw on the floor, and so do i.

Great work!

So, what conditions do you grow this plant in?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Capslock

Lighting makes or breaks this kind of thing, and I think you nailed it. Great textures too.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I am flattered.
Now I have to figure out which one to do next.. something with teeth........hmm. Anyone want to loan me they're edwardsiana for a short time?
smile_m_32.gif

Oh yeah. Pm me if anyone is interested in prints

Thanks again,
Robin

smile.gif

Great picture! WOW!! Fantabulous!

Try a macrophylla next!

hamata, and macrophylla..gimme a minute,....
                              ok done ;)
hamataoptimised.jpg

macoptimised.jpg

camhamoptimised.jpg

smile_l_32.gif

You're running out of plants with teeth unless you have a villosa nearby.

Incrdible work! Great job!! I'm awe struck:D

-Jc

Fantastic - please don't stop with Nepenthes, there are pleanty od sarracenias to do..... I take it a 3D virtual fly-around is not part of the package.

Best regards
Chris

Perhaps a digital verson of the Mona Lisa?  Could bring a decent price on Ebay.

Nice work! Out of curiousity, what program are you using? I have a VFT around somewhere that I created in Illistrator but without having a tablet (I gotta get me one of those!) it came kind of chunky.

What do digital CPs eat? Spyware?

hey maehem, thanks. I use photoshop 6. You could do it in illustrator too, just use your pen tool to make the curves smooth. But yeah,you gotta get a wacom.

As far as i can tell Hamata, they eat RAM
smile_m_32.gif

Robin

VERY AWESOME!!!!! It looks like a picture!! The veins on the pitcher and the lighting effect! I have a painting program on my pc! Its called dogwaffle. I love drawing manga and i even have a story, so i'm trying to draw on it but its hard...jejeje

P.S. ANIME ROCKS!

Back