What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safe insecticides/miticides

My glabrata is infested with mites. I have "Ortho Rose&Flower Insect Killer" (0.012% Bifenthrin) and Neem. I remember trying to find the recommended spray when i bought the Ortho, and failing. So i guess this is what is available here. Neem hasn't been very effective nor safe on the plants i tried it on in the past, but i'm willing to give it another go if anyone here has found it effective.

Any advice?

I've successfully destroyed a mite infestation on my N. hamata (!!) with Orthenex, sprayed pretty heavily once, and then again about a week later. It's been about 6 months now with no reccurance.

Capslock

Ah yeah, Orthenex. That's the one that wasn't available anywhere around here. Shucks.

Hmmm. Anyone else?

Hi D muscipula ,
Avid, or akari both have worked well for me. Kinda expensive , but my mites drink orthenex.
I am dying to try Floramite SC. It kills the mites and the eggs. Anyone here try that yet???

Back