What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What lowlanders thrive in

So far I have bical but what else would do well (ampullaria and rafflesiana'giant clone 99' did not). I have a small N. mirabilis 'Pink Thiland' in another container also.

how do you hit a constant 95% plus? i would be suspicious of lack of adiquate ait circulation

Unfortunatly so the bicals pitchers do not last more then 2.5 weeks but a fan is not really an option but I have tried to lower humidity and an continually trying. I think I have lowered it to 80% now. (The fan "burns" the bical unfortunaly).

i think your problem is lack of air circulation not to much humidity. if an amp and a raf dont like it its almost got to be an air circulation problem not to much humidity

What rattler said.....I have bical, raff, and ampullaria in my greenhouse, where the humidity is 95 percent or higher. Actually I wanted to see if the neps would pitcher faster in high humidity. I have fans in there to provide circulation, and another fan to control the humidity. the ampullaria, bical, and raff are all producing new pitchers, along with everything else that's in there.

my grow chamber readily hits that high of humidity and my plants love it and I have all of the plants you listed above (except that particular form of miribilis). I think you're problem, as others stated, is lack of fresh air circulation. I have two 3.5" muffin fans in my grow chamber as well as a humidifier that pushes air around. If you're bical was getting "burned" by the fan maybe you need a lighter fan or better postioning.

Back