What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata

dogs%20and%20fish%20028.jpg

dogs%20and%20fish%20025.jpg

this new leaf is easliy double the size of the last one. cant wait to see the new pitcher. sorry for the size of the pics.

that is a monster leaf!

you should take photos ever few days to capture the progress of the pitcher inflation.

wow
smile_k_ani_32.gif

i wonder how big the pitcher is gonna be?

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade... but my truncata leaves have increased in size at a much faster rate than my pitchers have. It does look promising though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ May 07 2005,7:58)]I don't want to rain on anyone's parade... but my truncata leaves have increased in size at a much faster rate than my pitchers have. It does look promising though.
weird. The last time a leaf came out bigger then the next, the pitcher has been bigger too. As long as the pitchers dont become smaller, I wont care. LOL

N. truncata can do funky stuff sometimes. I woulds say that is a positive progression towards larger leaves and larger pitchers obviosly. Although, I have had many leaves that were huge make a dinky pitcher.

Mine is getting quite huge...and I need to do something soon. I just hate disturbing the location as I'm afraid the change will shock into doing something silly.

Nice plant there!

This are several stages of my Truncata. As you can check every nw leaf is bigger of its previous,traps also...of course...in my case. The 3 last traps were  12,5 cm after 15,5 cm and the last one 16,5 cm.
Let me know what you think about it.
Mr_Aga
Italy - Milan
truncata0.jpg

truncata2.jpg

truncata.jpg

Caio Mr. Aga!

Mui bueno !

Your truncata does have an oddly narrow neck & mouth, though. Looks kinda cool, like a glass soda bottle.

Yesssssss!
But please note that it is not an adult sample of truncata!
She must continue to become an adult!
I will post more pictures in some months!It is an highland Truncata!
Ciao!

Mr_Aga
Italy

Yes, those are just lower pitchers, very unattractive compared to the glorious uppers!

Untill now those ones are the last pitchers sizes!
8 cm
12 cm
15,5 cm
16,5 cm
now I am curious to see the last one....
It will be again more bigger!
Bye!
Mr_AGA

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ May 11 2005,8:16)]Yes, those are just lower pitchers, very unattractive compared to the glorious uppers!
Dustin, what do you mean by glorious uppers? The difference between lower and upper pitchers of N. truncata is not that big - or do you mean the expanded peristome which gradually develops when adult pitchers develop?

N_truncata_130505.jpg

This is the same clone grown by Günter Seiter being 'slightly' bigger (33cm):

(click on the picture to see a larger version)

Joachim

Hi Joachim
Wow that an amazing peristome, shape and colour .
Bye for now julian

Joachim,
Is that the highland truncata that is in tissue culture in Europe?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ May 19 2005,9:10)]Is that the highland truncata that is in tissue culture in Europe?
Hi trent,

this is the highland N. truncata Thomas Carow sells through garden centers for quite low prices. He is working together with Andreas, so it might be the same plant Andreas offers.

Joachim

Here's mine's latest pitcher (I had posted this elsewhere, too, I think, but it's good for comparisson's sake):
highland%20trunc.jpg

The pot it's in is 4" (5cm), so that makes the total pitcher height between 6 and 7"

well you guys were right, I dont think a pitcher is even going to form at all!! There is already a new leaf that has the start of a pitcher that is already more developed then the big leafed one. Weird. This plant is making so much "nectar" that is just runs down into the pitchers.
I wonder if I did somthing wrong to make it put out such a huge leaf with no pitcher? Everything else seems fine.

Back