What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos: some of my windowsill neps

Summer is coming on fast, and that means losing a lot of older pitchers and leaves as Nepenthes are moved outside, and losing some quality of growth in the highlands, so i took photos of some of my windowsill Nepenthes.

Enjoy!

Nice pics. Is N. fallax a species or a hybrid? I don't think I've come across it before. Very interesting - I like the pitcher shape.
~Joe

N. fallax and N. stenophylla were combined by somebody, but if you look around, there are folks who still think they're different. Usual story with Neps. I gather from what i've read that fallax is widespread in its habitat and varies a lot from one site to another.

It is a very nice species, with interesting "flat" tendrils (think linguini... or maybe i'm just hungry!) that open up into pitchers instead of the usual round tendrils. It also has cute little perpetual droplets of nectar that give it that "wet" look, and very fuzzy leaves that seem to impart a lot of resistance to low humidity.

Equally, if not more fuzzy, is the albo, which is in somewhat of a funk. It was a trooper about pitchering in almost any conditions until it started to vine, and now is a bit stingy with the pitchers. Makes me wonder if should hack it into shape.
smile_n_32.gif

Sweet pics! I like that window box idea....I'll have to steal it.

I liked the windowsill growing idea so much ive decided to bring a spare Truncata in to my conservatory to see how it goes.It is still young so i think it will adapt ok
Bye for now julian

Back