What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi
I have been away a while due to family circumstances. Popping back every few days or so to check on the plants,cats etc!
Of course the last week or so has been cool, sunless and misty- so ideal weather for leaving Neps unattended. Until yesterday
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Hot Hot Hot and unbroken sun. Despite the autovents and leaving the door ajar some (not all) of my Neps are frazzled and stressed!!!
The worse are two of my N. glabrata where the growing tips are now jet black, instead of a nice healthy green/red as they were on Wednesday. As my glabratas have never shown any sign of basal growth I am wondering how well they repond to pruning? Or should I leave the growth intact and see what happens? As sometimes further stress like cutting back or repotting makes matters even worse.
My other affected Neps like the ventricosa, N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana & N. macfarlanei show more typical brown pitted leaves which are dried up and stressed. Ironically my villosa, rajah & hamata are unaffected
smile_m_32.gif

The coolglass is now on, and the door wide open. And now I am back will keep an eye on further weather extremes...

cheers

bill

Hi Bill
man that is bad news hope they all pull through
confused.gif

bye for now julian

Well I beleve your unaffected ones have a waxy coating on their leaves so they would be okay. I'm not sure what ot do But I bet with some specieal are they will pull through alright.

Back