What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest picture bonanza

schloaty

Staff member
albomarginata
100_0650.JPG

reinwardtiana (sp?)
100_0653.JPG

green ampularia
100_0657.JPG

mutant hamata picture - check out how far the lid goes back!
100_0660.JPG

jacquelenae
100_0664.JPG

eymae
100_0668.JPG

fusca sarawak (?? came to me as faizilliana)
100_0669.JPG

Nice and beautiful! Very clean plants too! Kept indoors? What do you feed them?

I must say that your N. hamata looks great with all those pitchers.

MM

Wonderful Pics!!! How old is your N. hamata?

I want to see more!!
smile.gif

Hi David
Wow some great plants there.Freeky lid on your Hamata is it the first time its done this?Jacquelenea always amazes me.How big do the pitchers get on it?
What conditions do you grow Reinwardtiana and the amp in?are they hot and humid all the time?never been able to get amp to do a lot for me needs more heat i think.
Thanx again bye for now Julian

Thanks guys!

RFG, They were all inside until very recently (Winter, you see), and a few are now outside, but haven't been out there long enough to get dirty. Plus, it's been raining, which helps.

Max, I got the hamata about a year and half or two years ago from Tony (that time frame is a guess. Could have been just a year). Anyway, Tony will have to tell you how old they are when he ships them.

Ches, interesting question about the reinwardtiana. I started growing it as a lowland....and it did very little, so I decided to try it out as an intermediate. After the period of adjustment, it started to grow better, and pitcher slightly better, so I left well enough alone. Sine then, the ambient humidity has gone up with the change in seasons, hense that beauty. Just yesterday I looked at the tag, and duh, it's a highland. (Paisian highlands), so outside it went last night. Now it's all filled with ants. Bonus.

The amp is one of the very first plants I bought, which makes it around three years in my care. It's being grown as a pure lowlander, and it's only started those basal pitchers after two years. Then they really took off when I snipped the main vine.

Nice plants schloaty
They all look healthy, but I like the "enraged hamata" most ;) the all green amps are cool to.
Thanks for sharing,
Robin
smile.gif

that hamata looks like its begging to be fed. Very nice plants.

LOL Schloaty, that hamata must have suffered a stray karate chop! Very nice plants. Wish my hamata was still with me. *sigh* (Moment of silence)

beautiful plants... the Jacquelenea is absolutly gorgeous

the albomarginata is fabulous!

D muscipula don't tell me you....
you
killed it
smile_k_ani_32.gif

No no you you couldn't have. That would me we have to, I'm sorry we just have to...

Niiiice SchloatemP...

I like like that jacquelinae. Your plants are puuuuurty!
smile.gif

Yeah, that jac is awesome! But my fave there has to be the first albo. There's really no nep quite like the albomarginata.

Capslock

Yes, i'm afraid so Tre. Last summer a trip combined with really hot weather combined with absent-minded roommates combined with some stupid absent-mindedness on my own part cost me some really nice plants, including hamata, villosa, diatas, veitchii 'hose mountain' and a flowering campanulata.
smile_h_32.gif

All the rest of my highlands suffered quite a stunting, as well. The silver lining is that they all activated their axial buds and now are either like little shrubs, with several branches on each plant, or with a few basal shoots. Topiary aristolochioides and inermis, plus a little blanket of orange sanguinea plants!

Thanks again everyone...I have to get a better pic of the reinwartdiana....It's really almost as red as the jacq, but for whatever reason the color didn't come through in the picture as well.

That albo is going to be the death of me. It keeps making pitchers where I can't get to them. I had to contort myself like a circus performer to get the one pictured out from behind where if grew. Think I pulled something.....

Back