What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im half way to a n. jaquelineae

i recently recieved N. jaquelineae x izumiae,

here is the whole plant

Jaqhybrid1.jpg

and here is a close up of a pitcher

jaqhybridnew.jpg

Very nice. I like the waxy covering of the pitcher

woah....looks like a true jacque. in a fun-house mirror!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Nice plant!

other than coloring i dont see a whole lot of resemblance to its jaq parent. someone needs to send me their jaq so i can compare them side by side
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

i do like it though and it appears that it is going to be a fairly quick grower

Rattler, just check out my latest pic thread....
It actually does look like a jacque that was stretched out, kinda sorta. The peristome also retained some of the shape, though on the true jacq it's almost horizontal while yours there is quite angled.

yeah i saw it, awesome plant as always. in my mind i guess the way a jacq's peristrome is, is what makes it a jacq. i do see jacq features in it but without the peristrome going out horizontal its harder to see the resemblance. still its an awesome hybrid in my book, even more so that its a natural one

Not sure about you guys, but here in Hawaii, it really loves a lot of frequent watering. It is grown in a mesh pot, the kind the pet shops sells for water or pond plants. Lots of coco bark and LFS and coarse peat. It grows really well in lighting just under other hanging basket nepenthes.

MM

Aloha from pause for rain Hawaii\\

Back