Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post your photos here of n. khasiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you check all of the hybrids made on N. khasiana, it appears that the first plant (female) of the cross is always a N. khasiana. If anyone knows of a cross where N. khasiana is on the second half of the grex or a male, I would be interested in knowing.

MM
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi MM,

I don't know of any hybrid yet where the male is khasiana. In fact it seems that this species has been left out because it is CITES 1.

I spoke with Marcello and he believes it to be a khasiana. You can tell by the way the leaves attach to the vine and whats under the lid. He believes that my khasiana seems to have a wider lid, but as we know the pitchers are polymorphic. Further to this, because I grow my plant in the open with no protection, this suggests the difference in a somewhat warped pitcher in comparison to others that grow in shade.

I also spoke with the individuals where the plant came from and they agreed that because there is so much variation in pitchers that you could not entirley base this as an answer. It appears this one was seed grown as I guessed as there are both lower and upper pitchers.

Cheers,
    C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeking a male N. khasiana. Anyone owns one? Photo of a male inflorescence.
    I recently spoke with another grower of nepenthes and he tells me of the six nepenthes he has from seed, all but one flowered and were all females.

As for variations, again, in India, a friend tells me there are red, pink pitchered forms, yellow, spotted, green, even a purple. I hear there is also a variegated form as well. He might send me some photos in the future, I'll be sure to post them when he does.

MM
    Morticia:\"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc, 'We would gladly feast on those who try to subdue us.' Not just pretty words. but words to live by!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say for sure it is not a khasiana x ventricosa as the pitchers are not short, stocky and tubby.

Supposedly all khasiana plants here in AU are male. Can anyone else back this up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update.
    Found a photo from Gordon Cheers book, Carnivorous Plants of the World. Can someone please confirm this image.

Here is the photo:

thanks,
    C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know three growers in Australia and they all tell me that all of their N. khasiana are all females.

Exotica Plants:
    N. khasiana x sibuynanesis, etc. to name hybrids thereof

Captive Exotics
    N. khasiana rooted cutting female

Liddle
    N. khasiana from seed female

Still seeking a male N. khasiana, got one, post your photo of your male inflorescence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bringing this thread to the top, again.

Rainforest guy,
    I have a male khasiana. However I don't think it will flower this year as it has gone from growing in the greenhouse to growing outside. It will take a while to adapt to conditions as did the female.

Cheers,
    Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My khasiana is a male, as are most of them in Australia due to it being the most commonly available clone.
    Demystifying Nepenthes: http://www.nepenthesforeveryone.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123