What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes photos update part 2

Here are the last of the photos. Since there is only a limit of 10 per topic. Enjoy.

N.(spathulata x spectabilis) x stenophylla
N_spathulata_x_spectabilis_x_stenophylla.jpg

--------------------------------

N.copelandii
N_copelandii.jpg

N.'predator'
N_predator.jpg

N.alata (giant) x spectabilis
N_alata_giant_x_spectabilis.jpg

N.ovata
N_ovata.jpg

N.mikei
N_mikei.jpg

cheers,
C

That N 'Predator' is cool. Do you happen to know the parentage? I also loke you N. ovata

Tre, predator is truncata x hamata (or the other way around)

Yep, that's right. It's a geoff plant.

How slow is ovata! That's the third pitcher in four years and it still hasn't died off and grown a new one!

ovata? slow? Not mine. Not really a speed deamon, but no slow. I've had it a few months, and it's formed 1 1/2 pitchers for me (one was half formed when I got it). Also, a new one is just about to start.

ovata? slow? Not mine. Not really a speed deamon, but no slow. I've had it a few months, and it's formed 1 1/2 pitchers for me (one was half formed when I got it). Also, a new one is just about to start.

More nice plants! Love the mikei, and predator!

schloaty,

this one didn't pitcher in the first two years that I got it! Further more, when a new leaf grew it stayed in a vertical position and is still like that! any suggestions as to why as it is receiving enough light, humidity between 75-100 and temperatures between 8 celcius - 40 celcius.

-----------------

rlhirst,

I don't know what geoff does to his plants but the predator doesn't have the full black peristome that he has, yet. It really grows well in an unheated greenhouse considering part of its parentage is truncata (that's the female, isn't it?).

Hi Christian
Great photos there.Predator has a lot of variation in the photos ive seen,very nice though.Been meaning to get an Ovata lovely looking plant and that "Mikei" sweet.
Bye for now Julian

Back