What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been a while and folks seem to be in a photo posting mood so figured I would hop on the wagon.

N. jacquelineae
NjacquelineaeBE3.jpg

N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis seedling
Nsibxtrusmad2.jpg

N. Tiveyi x aristolochioides Posted in another thread but figured I would add it here also. I like it more and more the older the plant gets...
NTiveyiXaristolo1_2.jpg

N. burkei AU clone.. finally got a pitcher to photograph.  Guess its intermediate/upper
NburkeiEP1Inter.jpg

N. diatas meadow form.  This one is orangish/red while most appear red red red
NdiatasBE1_2.jpg

N. rajah.. 6" pitcher
NrajahBE3.jpg

N. macrophylla 5"?pitcher.  Measured it but forgot what it was exactly.
NmacrophyllaBE3.jpg

One of these days they all might have nice links and whatnot on my website!

Tony

Great plant photo collection all round! Where did you get that N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis seedling from? Quite a defined peristome for a seedling!

A few questions, my diatas has only begun to pitcher since I added sphagnum as a top dressing. Any tips on how to get the pitchers going? I.e. temperature, humidity, soil and do you fertilise with an orchid fertiliser?

C

all of those are amazing Tony. I really like that meadow form of diatas.

O.....M.......G!!!!!!

Tony, are you trying to KILL me with that jacq??

Is THAT what I have to look forward too??

HOLY CANOLI!!

I can't WAIT! Mine is making pitchers barely 1/2" (macro lenses make them look quite big though, hee hee). That monster is AWESOME! Really diggin the macrophylla, diatas and rajah too.

How tough a grower is the macrophylla? I've heard conflicting reports. Some say it's dang near impossible, and others say it's of medium difficulty.

Jeez. Now I have to get a N. diatas. DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE??!

Capslock

NICE! NICE ! NICE!
Of course the macrophylla wins the prize! Man that's nice Tony! I'll second schloaty's question. What temps are you keeping him at? Great color.
The jaq, raja, and diatus are huge!
The hybrids are fun to look at. You can see the parents in all of em.
Thanks for sharing!
Robin
smile.gif

Your plants are very great ! Good looking plants, and what a huge Rajah you've got !
Truly nice.

Kinabalu

Hi Tony
amazing photos
smile_k_ani_32.gif
The sibuyanensis x Trusmadiensis is fantastic.you are spoiling us.I have a Diatas and a Rajah which are coming along but hey not even the same league as yours and that Macrophylla
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Im awaiting arrival of one so a few tips please.purs LFS to put it in or any free draining mix ?and normal highlands do the trick and do you find it responds to higher or slightly lower light levels?
cheeers Julian

*looks down* BAD HAND! PUT THE WALLET BACK!

I can hardly resist buying one of each of those! They are AWESOME!

Very nice plants Tony. You must know what you are doing
smile_m_32.gif

Wow Tony, those are some awesome plants. Especially the N. jacquelineae and the N. Tiveyi x aristolochioides.

Hi Tony, incredibile and fantastic pictures and plants! Just a question: is that jacq a darker form, isn't true?

Federico

Great pics!. It's cool how the macrophylla teeth still show up in the N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis. How old is the N. macrophylla?

Oh lots of questions!  Will try and hit them all.

Christian the N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis is from the Mansell's.  I managed to get a few.
Here are a couple more from the batch.  The above one seems to really show the N. trusmadiensis in the peristome but they are still small (6" diameter) so who knows what they will look like when mature.
NsibXtrusmad.jpg

N. diatas, hmm never had an issue with them.  Very bright light and typical highland conditions.  I do fertilize most of my plants but that is more out of necessity.  There are just way too many plants for them to catch food naturally.  My standard potting mix - coconut husk chips, perlite, LFS equal parts roughly and some peat (although I have started using coir instead but can't comment on it yet) to give it a little more soil feel.

Schloaty - Gotta love macro lenses!  I purposely left my hand in many of these though for perspective  
smile_m_32.gif

Will discuss N. macrophylla at the end since there are a number of people with questions on it.

Max - Sorry!  It's a plot LOL

Federico - Not sure I understand your question on the N. jacquelineae.  I kept a few red ones.  This one is the largest but not the darkest.  I would say it is more typical for a good red N. jacquelineae.  It is the pure species though if that is what your asking.
Here is the darkest of the 3.
NjacquelineaeBE2.jpg

N. macrophylla:
Not as difficult as it's altitude distribution would indicate.  They seem happy with regular highland conditions, short spells bordering towards intermediate (low 60s at night) don't seem to bother them either.  They appear to prefer a well drained mix with lots of LFS as opposed to a fine soil like mix.  Their roots can be fussy and if they are not happy the plants do poorly.  I don't recall exactly the age of the plant pictured.  It was among the first seed grown plants Rob shipped to the US.  So it's probably about 3-4 years in my care.  Starting from a 1/2" diameter plant to what you see today 6" diameter plant roughly.  Note that not all have grown that fast.. and many from the first batch of plants have long since left my care.

Tony

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 03 2005,7:54)]N. jacquelineae
NjacquelineaeBE3.jpg
That is GORGEOUS.

Is that a highland or lowland Nep?

If lowland, I definitely want one!

Is that nectar glistening on the back of the peristome?

Back