What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep question

I have a question regarding a Nepenthes ventrata that I have that is growing very well. I would like to acclimate it to my backyard, but I have a few questions I would like to ask about it.
1. I have a grove of about 10 pine trees in my backyard. Could I put it under the pine trees where it would get shade all day or does it need direct sun?
2. Will it grow well in low humidity or does it need higher humidity?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My N. ventrata is grown as a windowsill plant so humidity gets very low at times, and has not bothered the plant at all.
During the summer it gets very bright light. During the late fall and early spring it gets some direct sunlight throughout the day.

Mine grows outside on an east facing porch. It gets about 6 hours of direct sun in the morning, then shade for the rest of the day. Humidity doesn't seem to be an issue, and I never mist it. Ckeck out the pic.
ventrata%205-05%20rs.JPG

Hey, your from North Carolina? Isn't that VFT country? I don't know about the spring/summer, but I don't think it could survive outside during the winter. What are the average temps/humidity where you live?

-Ben

Dewy,

Shade all day might be too little light. I would put it hear the edge where it will get either early morning (preferable) or late afternoon sun, plus bright shade the rest of the day. They you should be fine.

Back