What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just some random grow chamber pics

heres some random pics I snapped

You can see my merriliana is taking over, I love it
biggrin.gif
for reference my GC is about about 36" cube.

DCP_6.jpg

Looks Drew pictures in a thread starter, who woudl haev thunk? ;)

Ooh, I like it! I've wanted to build something like this for a long time now... I don't have any plants that are touchy enough to really need it, but an expensive setup is a great excuse for expensive plants, right? Did you build this one yourself?
I'm curious to know about your lid in particular - do I see glass between the chamber and lights there? Right now I have my terrariums (fishtanks) covered with cheap transparent vinyl and gaffer's tape... not the most effective hood. I'd like to put some kind of lid on them but before that I think I need fans and humidifiers... I digress. What kind of light do you use for something that deep? I'm guessing it's no shop light.
~Joe

yea I built it myself. the "lid" or toep pane of glass is 1/4" glass pane I had cut at the local glass shop. then I used ruber weather stripping to seal it.

The lighting is MH.

Edit: well right now I'm running spiril flourescents, until I get the replacement bulb for the busted MHbulb I have...MH bulbs can be expensive!

shoudl be here soon.....

I like it! I like when we have to re-make the plant position in the tank to let them get the max light.....:;):

Umm those look like Nepenthes growing in there? Ahaha just kidding Jess nice job building the chamber

I definatly need to do something like that but for highland plants in general

lucky! my 75 gallon lowland tank is only 18 inches wide!

i'd rather trade length for width anyday!

any chance we can get some closeups?

thanks for the coments guys. I was expecting to get flammed. HAHAH.

Don't worry a bigger even more automated one is in the works.

Well my batteries died last night when I took these. But I'll definatly take some more angle and closer shots when I can get to the store to purchase some more batteries.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Looks Drew pictures in a thread starter, who woudl haev thunk? ;)
......*stare*

the plywood is 1cm thick and I sealed it with marine expoxy paint. Its built on a table I had laying around. What else do you want to know specificly?

FTG, don't worry, drew and I are good friends in RL and I like to zing him for never posting his pics in the actual thread starter...

What's a growth chamber?
confused.gif

Just kidding, living in Hawaii has spoiled me as going outdoors is my growth chamber!

But love your set up and wouldn't mind making one so I can be a couch potato and not have to leave my TV set to care for my nepenthes.

Michael

FSTP, it's not that... it's all the typos that made me stare.

Back