What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. miranda on ebay

Some one is crazy or that is one heck of a big plant.

Seller is aimed on getting the novice growers.

This plant from looking at the hanging basket is obviously from Deroos nursery and you can purchase it for about $10 wholesale in an eight inch hanging basket exactly as pictured. Some will have more pitchers. Deroos plants two plants per pot and then tops them when they start growing tall, this allows side branches to occur and sometimes as many as six leads are in one pot!

Unfortunately the nursery staff there are air heads and don't know a thing!

But its nice to know that my monsters must be worth a thousand in comparison then!

MM

Wow.. I dont care how big this plant is, Its clear to see this is only a scam for the seller to obtain more money. Sad really, i see a buch of people selling Nepenthes on ebay for unreal prices on typical plants.

_Drew Mcclain_

Sorry but I don't see the scam factor here.
The person is selling something and is asking a price for it.
As long as the item they are selling is how they describe it, and the image is real if they say it is, then they aren't scamming they are just (possibly) greedy.
Notice that no one has bid on it!
If it isn't worth that much money then it will go unsold, however if someone looks at it and says I have $100 that I want to spend on that plant, they buy it and are happy with what they bought then how have they been scammed?

In a situation like ebay where the seller isn't pressuring you to buy, the fact that you find that you can buy something cheaper somewhere doesn't mean you have been scammed. It means you were too silly to check it out first or you didn't care, whose fault is that?

Cheers, Troy.

who said it was a scam? I just said I'd buy it...for less money. I agree with you. It would be a scam and you got the plant and it was a small cutting or something.

That is such crap, 100 bucks for a miranda... N. miranda rox meh sox, but not foh 100 bux.

To be honest with you, i have ordered plants from exotica plants which are that size (rarer hybrids than miranda or coccinea) for 1/2 the ebay price or less.
the owner is just a greedy merchant

I think its a typo. He probably meant $19.95.

Glenn

Back