What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A hole in my pitcher

• Thread starter Trapper7
  • Start date

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
I posted this topic in the wrong place and I asked the mods to move it for me here 3 days ago but nothing happened so I'm gonna do it myself
smile_n_32.gif
Anywho...I got a nice new pitcher on my N.copelandii,it's a good size now but...there's a pretty big gap in the bottom of it.It can't keep any of that special liquid in the pitcher cause it keeps spilling out of the hole.Someone suggested that maybe a bug chewed it's way out but it doesn't look like any chewing has been done.It looks more like it just didn't form together.Here's a pic.

Anyone have any idea why it did this?I don't mind,I think it looks kinda cool
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks guys! ~Niki~(*Trapper7*)

it looks like the pitcher was damaged while it was itty bitty and brand new into the world, and that big hole is a result of the damage after the pitcher grew up.

basically, got a hole while it was a bud, hole healed itself and that's the result.

Hmm I wonder how it dot damaged?Oh well,thanks for your input JustLikeAPill.I think it looks neat
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Did anyone tell your pitcher plant that he has his fly open?

Probable cause is damage to the side while developing.

M

LMAO!Good one!~Niki~
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

Back