What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little surprise recently

A couple of weeks ago I found that my ampullaria decided to make 2 new shoots. These little guys are growing really fast. I've had three pitchers pop up and open before even one pitcher from the main plant. I wonder why that is. But anyway, here's a pic of my new baby amps
biggrin.gif

babyamp.jpg

Michelle

looks kinda dry in there

Yeah it does, its mostly because of the picture though. Its really not that dry looking in person. But it has been really hot here lately and even though I water it twice a day, it drys out really fast. But its doing fine. I'm thinking of putting a layer of sphagnum moss to help keep in the water better.

Congratulations, you're a mommy!
smile.gif
And now for all those sleepless nights....

Hey, a Miranda with a basal carpet? Now that is something that should be posted!

M

Sweet! My specled amp did that recently, too, and then I forgot to water the darn thing for a while (stupid stupid stupid)...The entire main vine died! BUT at least one, maybe two of the basal shoots made it....I think I should sign that sucker up for boot camp, it can take it!

My green amp did this a while back, then I snipped the main vine for cuttings....Then the basal sprouts EXPLODED. I'll have to take a pic tonight, if I remember.

Back