What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. sanguinea

I have several N. sanguinea and was wondering what color forms are out there. I have a red, a burgundy, a spotted brown, a yellowish orange, a green, a black with green inner, and some in between what is here.
Does anyone have a method of labeling all these forms so there is no mix up?

Michael

iono... i only have orange.

Unfortunately, as with many species, descriptions are based on appearance rather than locale. It makes things difficult to accurately identify, as different people will see them differently. I've seen a picture of a 'black' albomarginata which I saw as a purple-spotted, with black being something different. Same thing with sanguinea - although the intense hybridisation of Peninsular Malaysian species makes sanguinea even more problematic.

only the orange one for me its a wicked grower.Vic Brown on CPUK has a lovely dark purple one which is putting on some size,will have to get one as it looks fantastic.
Bye for now Julian

Just plain green.
smile_h_32.gif

Yellow/Orange w/ striped peristome

I have a purple(from Exotica), a Genting from Malesiana(which seems to be a green one with spots) and an orange.

Cheers,

Joe

Oh shoot, thats right I have Clone E N. sanguinea as well.
smile_n_32.gif

Hey,
I have heard and seen some pics of GIANT sanguineas which can (supposedly) reach 50cm in length! Does anyone know about that type of sanguinea, maybe even have it? I know the peninsular malaysian species like macfarlenei and such arent as well appreciated the bornean ones? but a species like sanguinea, although weed-like growing speed, in my opinion, is a very beautiful plant still

I've bought a bunch of N. sanguinea from BE from their offering which were seed collected material. They have all exhibited several color morphs and characteristics. I hestitate to say that these could be hybrids between N. ramispina, macfarlanei, etc., but do not have the botanical expertise to even suggest this. But colors do range considerably. Many of the pitchers are several times longer than their leaves and exhibit colors that vary so that no two are exactly alike.

Anyone has any experience or seen this in BE sanguineas?

Michael

Back