What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took some photos today because I had a N. ephippiata pitcher that opened recently that I wanted to take a pic of. So, here goes:

N. epphipiata
N_ephippiata.sized.jpg

N. spatulata x maxima
N_spathulata_x_maxima_2.sized.jpg

N. spectabilis x ventricosa
N_spectabilis_x_ventricosa5.sized.jpg

N. bongso
N_bongso_2.sized.jpg

N. x Ile de France
N_x_Ile_de_France_emesis6.sized.jpg

N. khasiana and N. lavicola. The little N. lavicola formed on an older tendril and is smaller than the others.
N_khasiana_with_N_lavicola.sized.jpg

N. hamata
N_hamata6.sized.jpg

Capslock

I'm hypnotized by the peristome of that N. spectabilis x ventricosa. I wonder if it has the same effect on bugs.

Great photos! You always have such well grown plants! We want to see more.:)

Great photos & plants
smile.gif

Having seen the "Nepenthes @ Borneo Exotics" DVD and the awful part where Rob has to burn some Neps as part of the licence agreement, I noticed that N. spectabilis x ventricosa was amongst them
confused.gif
I hope this man-made hybrid is not lost to mass market culivation, as its certainly a favorite of mine
smilie4.gif

cheers

bill

Hey, nice photos. The peristomes on everything are great. I especially like that N. bongso. Do you know what clone or vendor it is/is from? And what kind of light do you grow it in? I rarely see one with such dark colouration.

-D. Lybrand

Nice pictures.
I like the color of the N. spectabilis x ventricosa peristome.

NOOOO! Your ephippiata and hamata are larger and more interesting than mine are! *cries*

Oh well, i think my bongso is still nicer. It drools more, at least.

LOL, TunaSuprise! I have tons of "tiny" nepenthes. I just photo my good pitchers! I still haven't been at this too long (just over 2 years), so I hope my biggest pitchers are yet to come.

OK, to answer some questions, my N. ephippiata has been in my care for about 5 or 6 months. I bought it from Tony Paroubek, and am not sure how old it was when I got it, but it was not a seedling. Right now the plant is about 6 inches in diameter.

The N. bongso is also from Mr. Paroubek, who gets most of the credit, as it was a good-size plant when I bought it several months ago. It is from Malaysia, but not sure what clone. It sits pretty close to four T-5 "Tek Light" tubes that REALLY pump out the light, hence the dark color.

The N. spectabilis x ventricosa came to me in a trade from Jeremiah (thanks!) about a year or more ago. It's not the fastest of growers, but it makes really colorful pitchers.

Oh, and just to fill it out, the N. Khasiana came from Leilani Hapu'u Nepenthes Nursery (http://www.alohanepenthes.com/) via ebay (good ebay seller). The N. lavicola came from Tony, and the N. hamata came from Tamlin Dawnstar as a gift (Thanks Tamlin!!!!)

Capslock

Capslock, so far it has been my experiance that N. bongso doesnt need extream amounts of light to color up, just time. mine is as dark as yours and nowhere near as close to my two T8 lights. it definatly doesnt need as good alight as the dark N. gracilis clone to color up, or as much as even my striped veitchii needs. awesome species, definatly one of my favorites.

i love the hamata. i saw Jeremiahs this weekend. i definatly need one. same goes with N. epphipiata, its another species i want to get my hands on before winter.

Aha! Mine is natural colored.

Well, your ephippiata is still larger, and more intersting than mine.

Oops, forgot one: the N. x Ile de France came from emesis!

Capslock

as always, Caps, great pictures!

Your hamata is terrific! Mine is pathetic right now, as it's just getting over being acclimated to the deck railing. I just hope it springs back like it did last year - by the end of the out-door growing season it was sporting some nice pitchers.

Really nice hamata clone Caps. I have several, and they are not all created equally. That's a breeder!  Love the mesh pots too. Got the same ones, and they are awesome. Very nice plants man, they all look really healthy. you got the touch.
Thanks for sharing,
Robin
smile.gif

Hi Caps
Lovely as usual,the Epphipiata is looking gooood.Your Spat x Max is nice mines going mad at the moment just produced a 35 cm trap dont know if they get any bigger though??
Bye for now Julian

Wow, very nice!! pics like that make me want to buy more plants.

Back