What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nep id....

• Thread starter TyFone
  • Start date
My friend bought it to me in holland..in a ordanary store..

Here

'Miranda' I believe.

Well I dont think its miranda..Because the pithchers arent very big...And the plant is huge...here is a pic of the upper pitchers...

here

Hello Tyfone,

I think it's one of the many form of Maxima.

Regards,

Yes it could be...Well thx a lot..

Doesn't look like pure N. maxima to me.

I go with N. Miranda. ID is based on much more than just size of the pitcher/plant and coloration of just a couple pitchers at a particular point in time. More important are shapes of various aspects of the plant as well as what is being produced by who and where they are sold. Deroose plants are extreamly common all over Europe and sold in a similar manner through garden centers, home centers etc.

Tony

It looks to me quite similar to my N. 'Gentle', except for the striped peristome, but I have seen plants w/ solid colour peristomes that begin w/ striping once they are mature and you obviously have a mature plant, seeing as it makes uppers.

-D. Lybrand

If they are Deroos plants, they have had about three forms of Miranda over time. Some resemble more N. maxima and others more like a veitchii type cross or even a northiana cross as well. Even leaves have varied from broad and entire to wavy and narrow. All carrying the tag of N. Miranda.

M

I finally got the name of the plant
biggrin.gif

Its N.Miranda x stenophylla
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TyFone @ Aug. 06 2005,4:58)]Its N.Miranda x stenophylla
biggrin.gif
No offense or anything but uh.. where did you come up with that?

1. I don't believe that such a thing exists.
2. If it did exist it would not be in a small local shop
3. Having seen a number of other N. stenophylla hybrids I highly doubt it would look like that.

It is some sort of N. maxima hybrid.

Tony

Well my friend found site...Where they have photographed this hybrid..It looked exactly like that.
I dont have the link now..so ill send it later.

plant is under N x mixta

Back