What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about a few neps.

Meadow form it is!

This just in: I have recently had the good fortune of getting some more money via yard sale. I can buy another one. I will also buy a N. mira. Is there anything in particular i should know about this?

How large do N. diatas and N. densiflora get? Is it difficult to get larger pitchers from theese species?

INteresting discussion about densiflora/diatas. I, too, have found densiflora much more difficult than diatas, at least in relation to humidity. I grew densiflora outside for more than 18 months, it didn't produce a single pitcher the entire time, then it stopped growing, then the growing tips started to die back. I put in in the greenhouse and it started growing again, then started pitchering with every leaf. Definitely very picky on humidity. Diatas I grew outside and would pitcher every second or third leaf. Once in the greenhouse, it grew and pitchered like a weed.

Densiflora is quite small species, as is diatas.

Hamish

Back