What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grrr, spiders

My Nepenthes would have much better luck getting some chow, if the spiders wouldn't build webs blocking the entire opening of the pitchers... Tho my flytraps have spider legs sticking out of most of the traps...

I bought a nepenthes yesterday and it had spiders and worms on and in the soil. (I think they were spiders) I repotted it today.

dude, spiders don't look like worms at any point during their lives.

If the worms had eight legs, then they were spiders. but if they had six legs, then they were insects!

M

He said spiders AND worms.

-D. Lybrand

How marvelous! He bought a plant that came with its own home lunch!

Or maybe he bought spiders and worms that came with their own home lunch...

-D. Lybrand

Grrrrr, I have the same thing happening consistantly to my Sarras. I've seen some unusually crafty designs. And in some of them, it takes more than a blast of water to get rid of the web. Yarr.

I often find spiders building webs in the entrances to traps on both Neps and Sarras. I admire the little blighters mightily for their ingenuity. They are clever enough to let a plant do the attracting work for them, and then build a trap to steal the insects from the mouths of the plants!

I haven't had a spider in any of my neps, but I wouldn't mind. Eventually, the spider will get big and will have to move out.

Back