What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. hamata

Hey all. Three days ago, I was thinking of buying a hamata (just as I have been for the last two years...). I looked on the internet, and much to my dismay, nobody in the U.S. (that I could find, anyway) had it in stock! In fact, the only distributors I can find are MT and a couple in Australia. Does anyone know of a U.S. source for the plant?

-D. Lybrand

No not gone.. just much harder to find on a regular basis until other suppliers like BExotics have them available once more.  Not many US suppliers bring in plants from MT, which compounds the situation. N. hamata has always been in high demand and hard to keep in stock even before the BExotics issues.

Tony

Yeah, you had it in stock for awhile, I saw. Why didn't I buy it?! Why?!?!?! CA Carnivores carries it from time to time, too. The thing with hamata is that not even the big wholesalers have it (except MT, of course).

Any chance you'd be getting hamata in stock soon?

-D. Lybrand

Orchidweb.com is showing it in stock but overpriced at $100 for a 2.5 inch pot.

Yep, I forgot about that. I don't pay attention to orchidweb anymore because things cost so much.

-D. Lybrand

Orchidweb is horrible. It costs like $20 for a D. capensis. I dont know, maybe not that much, but they are overpriced.

It is easy to scam orchid growers because they are so used to paying exuberant prices for plants (nothing bad on them, I'm one, too)!

-D. Lybrand

MT were selling N. hamata in their sale for $10 a while back!! I bet they were tinnnnnnny!!
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

Back