What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacquelineae loves ants!

Hey all,

Had to throw out a photo of N. jacquelineae with a pile of ants it has been dining on. Kind of hard to see, but it loves 'em! Also updated the photo page as well. Here's the link to the jac page: Nepenths jacquelineae

Hope you all enjoy the insect carnage and new photos.

Good growin'

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

very cool. definatly on my short list of species i need to get. anychance you have a shot of the whole plant? i saw Jeremiahs when i was in colorado a few weeks ago. absolutly stunning species

Rattler,

I'll get a photo of the whole plant next week I hope. Need to break off a call to my camera guy to stop by and take a couple. Thanks for the advice.

Joel

It's funny which species attract ants. I have an alata that I recently saw with ants all over the peristome. When I looked in the pitcher, there were so many they the pitcher fluid had become this black gel. I wonder how Neps deal with the formic acid?

Hamish

N. alata seems to be universally attractive to ants. My alata from CA carnivores ate a whole colony of ants once
biggrin.gif
!

Back