What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New pics

here is the latest pic of my N. bongso. not the greatest shot but it was produced in the cramped confines of a 10 gal tank so the pitcher was twisted under a leaf

newbongso.jpg

here is the N. ephippiata i recently got from Tony its in a 3.5 inch pot for size referance

ephippiata.jpg

largest pitcher, my fingers for referance
largepitcher.jpg

close up
ephippiatacloseup.jpg

here is the whole Nep, epiphytic Utric and odd ball plant setup

nepsetup.jpg

dang it will work on resizing and upload them again this afternoon as i can. if they dont show up it will be because they are being deleated from the server for a short period when i an uploading new, smaller pics

Hmm, how many of those were from you know who
biggrin.gif
smile_m_32.gif
?

off the top of my head? $37 shipped i think. whatever the price on his website said

The plants are looking good ;>

Just a note that the N. ephippiata pricing was changed slightly as the plants are about 3x the size of when they were first listed at the price RattlerMt mentions.

Tony

thanks Tony, the N. bongso is the one i got from you last fall. definatly a favorite. very hardy to, infact i think its less picky about my house hold conditions than my N. x ventrata. that peristrome should be a glossy pitch black in a few more weeks.

Tony, do you know what clone that N. veitchii is on your main page? im looking for any sort of a striped male N. veitchii to make a pair with the female clone i have.

Nice plants Rattler!(whats your real name?)
What are your conditions?

its Sheridan but most ppl really screw it up...........

the N. bongso was sitting in an open topped 10 gal tank until last saturday, it had been there for about 8 or 9 months. it was lighted with 2 four foot 32 watt flourecent lights. the humidity must have averaged about 50%

the N. ephippiata ive had for only about 2 weeks. but it is sitting in the setup pictured above(as is the N. bongso now) its lighted with 4-4ft 32watt flourecents and with the humidifier im guessing its maintaining about 75%-80% humidity. its definatly not saturated. the N. ephippiata right now is basically all Tonys growing skills and not mine yet, give me a few months for it to settle in and than ill let yah know how it likes it.

forgot temps, i think its about 80 during the day and dropping to 55-65 at night depending. so far them having a noticible drop in temps seems more important than anything. for quite awhile it was only dropping to the high 60's and they didnt mind so long as they had a drop.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 26 2005,5:01)]Tony, do you know what clone that N. veitchii is on your main page? im looking for any sort of a striped male N. veitchii to make a pair with the female clone i have.
That is a seed grown highland plant that came out of a batch of plants from BExotics. As the pitcher ages the peristome gets a goldish color with some red flushing so the stripes are less distinct. It's a good N. veitchii but not the most amazing striped.. and it is appears that it will be male.

My best N. veitchii striped (other than the clone you have) is one I got ages ago and has been a real bear to grow. I got it as a tiny TC thing simply labelled as N. veitchii highland, from a US company that hasn't sold Nepenthes in a long while. Unfortunately I have not been able to find out it's origins.

Low to mid 80's day/high 50's low 60's night should be fine for N. ephippiata. That is pretty much what I shoot for here. Chunky mix with a good amount of LFS. And nice bright light.

Tony

i realize finding a male like mine is going to be difficult. i would like to find a male that shows any kind of striping even if its not the best. i would think this would be better than crossing her with a plain peristromed male. i figure as much interest as there is in this clone i have trying for some nicely striped seedlings seems like a worthwhile investment of my time.

Back