What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Out here in the az.

Does anybody here have any tips for keeping CPs in Arizona? Particulary Nepenthes.

Get yourself (or build yourself) a grow chamber. I use big ol' fish tanks, 80% or 90% (gotta have SOME air flow) covered with whatever glass or plexiglass I can find. Go around town the day before any large garbage pickup. You'd be surprised how many people toss tanks....

i have used a 75 gal tank and didnt care for it. hard to get pics, hard to take any decentsized nep out to get pics. i prefer reaching in from the side. here on the plains of northeastern Montana we dont generally have really high humidity so this is what i did for my neps. some that are in there dont need this nice of a setup(N. bongso has proved quite tollerant of 40-50% humidity or so for me) but my N. veitchii and ampullaria do enjoy it.

the outside
wholesetup.jpg

the inside
nepsetup.jpg

thanks, I'll have to scrounge-up enough materials and do a little construction then. those pics are very helpful.

Back