What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bummed

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Well, topic says it all. I didn't read the warning signs. Bah. It did so well on the deck last year, but this year not so much.

I put it back into it's tank when it really started to look bad, but I guess I was too late.
smile_h_32.gif

smile_h_32.gif
Oh man, that's a giant sized bummer. This year definately didn't follow the trend with the weather that the past few have been setting...or maybe it has in it's been getting to be different every year with our state.

My condolences on your loss, but think of it this way...now you have more growspace.
smile_m_32.gif

During WildBill's presentation of his trip to Kew gardens, he mentioned that they transfer their Neps to live sphagnum when they are doing poorly. From what Bill said, it seemed to revive them quite well. Perhaps this might help.

Yeah, buzz kill.

I already had it potten in pure LFS. I think it was the heat wave we just experienced that wiped it out. We didn't have anything quite so brutal last year, plus I was a bit farther North, and a bit farther up.

Not putting you down or anything, but I deffinately wouldn't grow a rare, sensative species like that outside, especially considering how the weather is changing allover the place.

Lol, last year it took off and grew like crazy outdoors. I guess not this year.

Any Nepenthes is adaptable, unfortunately not to the extremes!

Sorry to hear about your hamata.
Hopefully it will pull through.

Back