What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spider webs over n.ampullaria

In case mosquitoes make home in the neps,we should use the conventional method.Call in the spiders.I have  observed in nature spiders have perfected their skill by spreading their webs over the neps,in this case N.ampullaria,thus trapping the flies.I
t is hard but environmental friendly.worth the try.How easy/difficult in the green house?Maybe someone have tried this method.comment.

spiderwebandampullariaalt.jpg

That is a great idea, except I can't seem to keep spiders AWAY from my CPs! So many of my pitcher plants have spider webs over their openings I'm thinking about charging rent
smile_n_32.gif

and the spiders should charge the pitchers for services rendered.:O

"Calling in the spiders" might be the difficult part here for people growing those in the office
smile_m_32.gif

For me they are coming, but put their webs everywhere (I collect those with my face every morning), but rarely on the pitcher openings - although the older ones are often covered by tiny ones. Other old pitchers are filled with a soillike substance that the ants are bringing in, when they form a nest there - also no mosquito hazard here.
Are you living in Malaysia rbjong?
Volker

right am in Malaysia's state Sarawak (Borneo Island).Glad we have the same interest.Though i dont grow nepenthes i love to observe and take photos,just anything in nature and culture
smile_m_32.gif

Back