What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Announcement, flowers

lol

BANNED
I swear theese plants can read minds. Was about to cut down the vine when, low and behold, it is flowering. The plant is my mystery maxima hybrid. It's a male. So, if anyone wants pollen, please let me know soon, or I'll just cut the flower off. Now, just because it's a mystery hybrid doesn't mean anything
biggrin.gif
. Whatever it is, it's one of the nicest maxima hybrids I've seen.

IMAGE_070.jpg

IMAGE_053.jpg

IMAGE_055.jpg

IMAGE_037.jpg

Wow, great job!
smile.gif

Hi LOL
Yes its a nice hybrid,why cut it though cant you just let it ramble?or is it taking over?
Bye for now Julian

Yea, I'm just trying to see if anyone wants the pollen, as I think it could make some great crosses.

Hi LOL
just noticed my Ventricosa x Khasiana "female"is budding up could be a good cross as this thing is almost bullet proof and the addition of some extra would look cool.
Bye for now Julian

How do I go about preserving pollen?

Hi LOL
It can be wrapped in foil and put in the fridge to be kept cool but not frozen.As to how long it stays fresh who knows varies from species to species i think.
Bye for now Julian

Back